Chiayi Garage Park

Chiayi Garage Park was named "Beimen Repair Plant" during the Japanese colonial period. With the expansion of the railway, it started the operation in 1912 and had been aiming to build and maintain the Alishan railway, which has already lasted for one century. It plays an important role to repair the rolling stocks and produce the components, especially Alishan cypress-carriage, a masterpiece in the repair plant. There are many retired train preserving in Beimen Repair Plant. However, on August 23, 1993, the fire destroyed repair plants and old trains. Nowadays, the authority rebuilds the plant and preserves some precious trains in the garage. It was renamed as Chiayi Garage Park in 2005 to allow tourists to visit this meaningful place.

Information

Location

No. 2, Linsen E. Rd., East Dist., Chiayi City

Management unit

Alishan Forest Railway and Cultural Heritage Office, Forestry Bureau

Opening hours

Park opens from 08:00 to 18:00 Office area will not open publicly

Altitude

31 meters

Area

4.47 hectares

Reservation
+886-5-2779843 #359
TOP