Chiayi Garage Park

Chiayi Garage Park was named as “Beimen Repair Plant” during Japanese occupied period. With the expansion of railway, it started the operation on 1912 and had been aiming to build and maintain the Alishan railway for one century. It plays an important role to repair the rolling stocks and produce the components, especially Alisahn cypress-carriage, a masterpiece in repair plant. There are many retired train preserving in Beimen Repair Plant. However, on August 23, 1993, the fire destroyed repair plant and old trains. Nowadays, authority rebuilds the plant and preserves some precious trains in the garage. The forestry handicraft exhibit area, which established on December, 2006 is another wooden station. It was rename as Chiayi Garage Park on 2005 because it would make tourists visit this meaningful place.

Information

Location

No. 2, Linsen E. Rd., East Dist., Chiayi City

Management unit

Alishan Forest Railway and Cultural Heritage Office, Forestry Bureau

Opening hours

Park opens from 08:00 to 18:00 Office area will not open publicly

Altitude

31 meters

Area

4.47 hectares

Reservation
No
TOP